Friday, May 13, 2011

Benvenuti! May's SD Food Crawl

Hello San Diego Food Crawlers!!

This month is going to be a fun meet-up! So let's cut to the chase! Our May Food Crawl will be at......

The 18th Annual
Sicilian Festival

Sunday, May 22nd
10 am - 6 pm!!!

Sticking together as a crowd may be difficult in the sea of people but if you're interested in Food Crawling with me leave me a comment so we can workout a time & place.


This popular festival features:

FREE ADMISSION...Sicilian Cultural Pavilion...Sicilian Cuisine....Ethnic Entertainment on Four Stages...FREE Children's Rides
& Entertainment...Peroni Beer & Wine Tent...Art, History, & Heritage of the Sicilian American Families of Little Italy
 
 
This year they have a celebrity chef! Giada De Laurentiis will be conducting a cooking demo on the Date Street Stage, followed by a book signing in the Bella Sera Wine Pavilion! So if you're willing to wait in line, bring your favorite Giada cookbook for her to sign.

I hear stories of all the great food that will be there like, "the best Cannoli I have ever had" and the "best Gelato in town". I don't know about you but I'm gonna fast for a day so I have room for all the food the Sicilian Festival has to offer. I have to bring a pack mule, a.k.a my husband to schlep all my leftovers and souvenirs. There's one-of-a-kind shopping to be done at this festival so bring extra cash and get ahead of some birthday or Christmas shopping. This festival will have something for the whole family so spread the word!

Transportation can be a pain. Trying to find parking could have you screaming, "Vaffanculo!" out of your window, shaking your fist in the air. Save yourself from yelling a slew of Italian profanities and take the trolley to the Little Italy stop.

I hope to see you all there!!

Cheers,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment