Thursday, March 31, 2011

Food Truck Extravaganza Part II

The March Food Truck Extravaganza was a great success and so much fun! They had so many food trucks that I was only able to sample from a few. Soooo just for easy sake and to get people into the groove of the San Diego Food Crawl I want to announce April's food crawl:


Food Truck Extravaganza: Part II !!


I'm giving everyone a heads-up and ample notice for this food crawl. If you've never been to the Food Truck Extravaganza you won't want to miss this! 


April's Food Truck Extravaganza will be on Friday, April 15th at Fifty Seven Degrees Wine Bar, 1735 Hancock St. The extravaganza takes place behind the building of Fifty Seven Degrees in their back parking lot.

It’s $2 to get in, but make sure to bring some cash as some trucks are not set-up to take credit cards yet. When you do get in you can save your red ticket stub to get $2 off any $10 purchase at the wine bar. 

I called Fifty Seven Degrees and spoke with the bar manager. He confirmed the date for me and also informed me that they sell a nice variety of micro-brew beers as well as tapas-like tidbits for you to eat while you get toasty. This is a plus for me since discovering my allergy to wine in culinary school. I know, very unfortunate right? So this month I think we should all pay Fifty Seven Degrees a visit before, during and/or after the Food Truck Extravaganza. This all starts at 5pm and ends at 10pm. I would love to see more San Diego Food Crawlers there to show their support of good local  food. While you're there visit Jennifer at the Sweet Treats truck for the tastiest sugar high of your life and make sure to tell her I sent you! :) 

So... Friday, April 15th? If you're game, meet me there!

Cheers,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment