Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Wheels are in Motion

I had this idea turning in my head for quite sometime now. I've decided to dedicate my own blog to food. Not just any food, San Diego's food: the undiscovered hole in the walls, the places your friends and family rave about, the place where your Facebook friends took that awesome picture of that mile high BLT. It's all there, waiting for us to explore new flavors, textures and presentations.

I love to share my hidden gems in San Diego and I often suggest to friends where they should eat. I also ask other foodie friends where I should go when I'm not familiar with the neighborhood I'm in. Since my immediate family aren't adventurous when it comes to food, I rely on my foodie friends to share in the experience with me.
So, here's my idea: Why not get my friends together to meet once a month for a "Food Crawl". Like a pub crawl, we work our way through 3 different places to eat in one day, trying new foods, meeting new people and finding your new favorite spot to eat. So I welcome you to the San Diego Food Crawl.

I would love to hear suggestions on where you think the SD Food Crawl should go. Eventually every month will be themed. For example: North County Crawl, Breakfast Food Crawl, Dessert Crawl, Fine Dining Crawl and maybe a Progression Crawl (apps, salad, entree & dessert all in different places). I plan on posting information here to the upcoming months of a Food Crawl, what restaurants will be covered, their pricing, location and other details. You pay for what you eat. BYOM (Bring. Your. Own. Money.) Sharing is encouraged so that you can taste as many things as you can. You will be given a notes sheet for you to fill out during or after your meal. Tell us about what you tried, what you like or didn't like and if you would return and suggest to a friend. You will need to RSVP for some of the restaurants so that we can secure seating. I also encourage everyone to check-in to the places we eat as a crew using various social media networks. There are lots of people out there who rely on a review. Its a chance for you to be a food critic so leave your opinion. It means more than you think, especially when it comes to food.

Anyone can join so if you know someone who would love to be part of the SD Food Crawl, invite them.

So my foodie friends, are you ready for an exciting culinary adventure around San Diego? If so, I'll meet you there.

Cheers,

Mel

    4 comments:

    1. Although I'm not what you would call a risk taker when it comes to food - this sounds like fun and a great idea! =o)

      ReplyDelete
    2. You can count on Grayce, myself and our Yum-Yum to be apart of the great SD crawl. This should be fun :)

      ReplyDelete